BHA are currently putting in place contingency plans in for the ongoing disruption being caused by the Coronavirus outbreak.
BHA are currently in the process of testing and analysing our business continuity plan to ensure we can continue to provide residents with a service as government advice changes.
BHA continue to monitor the updates on Coronavirus from the government and the NHS and will update this page with any changes made to our service.
If you have been affected by the virus or are self-isolating and you need to cancel an appointment with BHA or one of our contractors please contact us on 020 7704 2324 or email@example.com.
- BHA are aware of some residents currently affected by the Coronavirus and self-isolating
- BHA’s office at Cloudesley Street is CLOSED to the general public as of Monday 16th March
- From 20th March BHA is only carrying out emergency repairs, subject to contractors risk assessments and plans, with additional protection and guidance for contractors about any tenants who might be self isolating
- Staff who rely on public transport to get to work can now work from home and staff are being prepared to work remotely
- on 23rd March, BHA has written a letter to residents informing them of the current situation and what support is available to them
- Resident events at BHA’s community room at 60 Morland Mews will be suspended from Monday 16th March as a precaution
- The football pitch at Morland Mews has been closed until further notice
- As older and vulnerable residents are housed there, BHA have cancelled events and bookings at Highbury View for now as a precaution.
Are you “shielding”?
If you have received a notification that you are a higher risk of serious illness due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) and should remain isolated for 12 weeks from 22nd March 2020 please let BHA know. Find out more about shielding
During this time our contractors will carry out risk assessments before undertaking each repair. You can help us by having answers ready for the following questions:
- Are you aware of government guidance on social distancing and Covid 19?
- Are you or any of your household ill?
- Is your household self isolating?
- If so when did that start and when will it finish?
- Is the repair in place which allows you to move to a separate room while our operative is present?
Do you have a pre-pay meter for gas and electricity?
If you are self-isolating and worried about topping up your gas and electricity , contact your supplier straight away. Many suppliers have put in place provisions to help anyone self-islolating for 2 weeks and unable to go out and top up their credit.
- British Gas – 0333 202 9802
- EDF – 0333 200 5100
- EON – 0345 052 000
- N Power – 0800 073 3000
- Scottish Power – 0800 027 0072
- SSE – 0345 026 2658
Free Energy Saving Tips – Green Doctors
BHA work with the charity Groundworks on their Green Doctors scheme. If you are worried about your fuel costs increasing due to the Coronavirus outbreak please get in touch with them for free help and advice.
For more information on the Green Doctors scheme please visit https://www.groundwork.org.uk/projects/green-doctors-london/ or call 0300 365 3005 to book your appointment.
- Symptoms of coronavirus and how to avoid it on the NHS website
- Use the 111 online coronavirus service if you feel you need medical help
- Guidance on how the UK is affected by coronavirus (GOV.UK is updated daily and is the best source of reliable information)