Skip to content

Paying your rent

It is important that you pay your rent on time. Your rent is always due in advance, even if you are receiving Housing Benefit/Universal Credit. If you don’t pay your rent, you risk losing your home.

Ways to pay your rent

1. Bank transfer / Standing Order

You can set up a standing order to pay the rent or arrange payments online using internet banking. You’ll need to contact our office to get a standing order form or our bank details to do this.

Standing orders need to be amended every year following a rent review and we will contact you in good time beforehand to do this.

2. Pay by cheque

You can pay your rent by cheque at our office:

Barnsbury Housing Association
Cloudesley House,
16b Cloudesley Street,
N1 0HU

Please make your cheque payable to Barnsbury Housing Association and remember to write your name & address on the back of the cheque.

3. Housing Benefit/Universal Credit

If you need to make a claim for housing benefit or universal credit, please do so by contacting Islington Council and submitting a claim. If you would like help or support with this, please contact your Housing Manager, Felicity Singh, to discuss this with.

Need a rent statement?

You can request a rent statement from us at any time and we will do our best to have this with you as soon as possible.

Contact us to request a rent statement.

Having trouble with paying your rent?

If you have difficulty paying your rent, don’t wait – contact us immediately. We’ll be able to offer you help and support.

We also provide debt and welfare advice in partnership with St Mungo’s. ‘

Find out more about rent arrears and getting advice on debt and welfare here.