Skip to content
This website uses cookies to help us understand the way visitors use our website. We can't identify you with them and we don't share the data with anyone else. Find out more in our privacy policy.

Debt and welfare advice

Rent arrears

If you’re having trouble paying your rent, please get in touch with us straight away. We’d much rather talk to you about the problem than let things get worse.

We’ll see how we can support you to pay your rent and any arrears and will agree a way you can clear the debt by paying a realistic amount within a reasonable period of time.

If we’re unable to contact you or you don’t respond to letters about the rent you owe, or don’t keep to a payment agreement, we’ll take legal action to recover the money you owe. This could result in you losing your home.

If you owe rent and don’t stick to an agreement to repay this, you will no longer be eligible to rent a parking space, garage or shed from us.

Money advice and support with benefits

Working with St. Mungo’s, we offer a free, confidential service to give you advice about managing your money, avoiding arrears, dealing with debt and information about the benefits you may be able to claim. Contact us to find out more about this service and how we can help you.

The following organisations can also offer help and support:

If you’re on welfare benefits, you may be eligible to apply for a budgeting loan to help buy furniture and white goods (such as a fridge, freezer or washing machine) or help with moving costs. This is an interest free loan. You can apply online at: or visit your nearest JobCentre Plus.

Please contact us if you are having money worries and we will try to help in any way we can.