BHA’s Resident Panel and Board have reviewed BHA’s approach to Tenant Improvements.
This is where tenants have made changes or upgrades to their home. BHA will now require tenants to formally request permission when they wish to change or upgrade something in their home.
BHA tenants will now require permission to carry out works to (but not limited to):
- walls, windows, doors and floors;
- electrical sockets / fittings;
- central heating and fireplaces;
- kitchen units;
- garages & sheds,
- greenhouses and outhouses;
- Water meters, bathroom fixtures and showers;
- satellite dishes and TV aerials;
The purpose of this is to ensure that our homes are safe and also to save time and costs for BHA when having to carry out works on a home.