BHA have a responsibility to ensure that our homes are safe and any works carried out on our homes are safe. We also have a duty to ensure your home can be maintained and wont incur large costs to the organisation – as these impact BHA’s ability to deliver services to residents.
BHA tenants will usually require permission to carry out works to (but not exclusively):
- walls, windows, doors and floors;
- electrical sockets / fittings;
- central heating and fireplaces;
- kitchen units;
- garages, sheds, greenhouses and outhouses;
- water meters, bathroom fixtures and showers;
- satellite dishes and TV aerials;
Tenants may carry out improvements or alterations to their home with written permission from BHA. Tenants may even be entitled to compensation for the works they have carried out upon leaving the property.
Please read our policy before applying for permission to improve your home. Applications can be returned to email@example.com or our office at 16b Cloudesley Street, London, N1 0HU for attention of the Housing and Communities Manager.