Please read these terms carefully before using the online payments facility to make a payment. Use of Barnsbury Housing Association’s online payments page on this website indicates your acceptance of these terms. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use the online payments facility on this website.
This online payment system is provided by Barnsbury Housing Association (“the Association”) via its service provider, Stripe. The Association may update these terms from time to time and any changes will be effective immediately on being set out here. Please ensure you are aware of the current terms.
All payments are subject to the following conditions:-
- The Association only accepts the following Credit and Debit Cards:-
- Mastercard Debit
- Mastercard Credit
- Visa Credit
- Visa Debit (formerly Delta)
- Visa Electron
- American Express
- All payments made up to 4pm on a working day, will usually be debited from your card’s account on the following working day. Payments made out of office hours, at the weekends or on bank holidays will usually show on your card’s account the day after the next first full working day;
- Accepted payments will show on your card’s account statements as payments to ‘Barnsbury HA’;
- Your payment will usually reach the Association’s account within five (5) working days. This includes the time for the online payment provider to verify your card details with your card supplier and for payment to be notified to the Association;
- If your payment is overdue, or time critical, and recovery action is about to be taken, your online payment will be accepted but you should notify the Association of this and the relevant receipt number once the payment is confirmed;
- The Association cannot accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to a customer entering incorrect accompanying information with the payment;
- The Association cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the card supplier. If the card supplier declines payment, the Association is under no obligation to bring this fact to the customer’s attention. Customers should check with their card supplier to ensure that payment has been deducted from their relevant account;
- Until you reach the point where you press the button marked ‘Pay now’ having entered your payment card details, you may safely abandon a payment by closing your browser. After that point, please be patient and wait for your payment to complete;
- Whilst your payment is being processed, do not press the button marked ‘Pay now’ more than once.
If you experience any difficulties and do not receive confirmation of your payment and a receipt, please do not attempt to make the payment again. Instead please contact the Association, between the hours of 9:30am & 5:30pm Monday to Friday on 020 7704 2324 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email any personal card details.
Confirmation of payment
- Payment confirmation will be e-mailed to the valid e-mail address you entered during the transaction.
- This e-mail receipt will contain a receipt number, which you will need to quote if you have any queries with your payment;
- Your receipt will not show all your debit / credit card details, so if your receipt is lost or stolen, your card details will remain confidential.
- If your payment is refused, the application will display a screen informing you of this situation. Note that it is not the Association that is refusing your card payment – it is the card issuing bank that is refusing to authorise the payment;
- If this occurs you will need to contact your card company to discuss the reasons for the refusal and make alternative arrangements to make payment to the Association.
- Where an overpayment occurs as a result of a change in liability, a refund may be issued following a request to the Association;
- Refunds, if applicable, will only be made to the debit/credit card used for the original transaction.
- The Association does not hold any card details on any of its servers or within its infrastructure. The online payment provider, Stripe, deals with this information and has been certified as a Payment Card Industry Level 1 Service Provider. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry;
- All card numbers entered through this payment page are encrypted by the service provider when the tenant, or third party making payment, makes the payment;
- The Association shall not be liable for any failure by the tenant or third party making payment of rent to properly protect data from being seen on their screen by other persons or otherwise obtained by such persons, during the online payment process or in respect of any omission to provide accurate information in the course of the online payment process.
- Online payments are not collected by the Association directly but by their online payments service provider, Stripe;
- Once payment is received by the service provider in cleared funds, the service provider will contact the Association to confirm the details of the successful payment made by the tenant, or third party making payment;
- On receipt of this confirmation the Association will update the tenant’s account with the payment been received. In the event that you do not receive confirmation from the service provider within 2 working days of making the payment it is your responsibility to check with the Association that the payment has been accepted.
The online payments system will store a cookie on your PC if you elect to allow it to remember you. For more information regarding cookies see http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
The Association may revise these Terms at any time by updating this posting. You are advised to visit this page from time to time to review the then-current Terms because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on other pages of the Association’s website.
This site is administered by the Association from its offices in London. These terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws.
Should you require any further details in relation to the online payment process, please contact the Association between the hours of 9:30am & 5:30pm Monday to Friday on 020 7704 2324 or by e-mail on email@example.com.